K2, P2 (Knitting Ministry)
This photo was taken at our Ministry Fair for Stir It Up Sunday, September 7, 2014. (Left to Right: Willis Yap, Nancy Rowe, Jesand Amodo)
Above is a photo of our long time member, Jerry Liu. He is sporting one of our knitted caps that we made. We were recognized during the Sept. 14 service for all of our contributions to various efforts around the world. See our list of projects to the right!
When do we meet?
4th Saturdays, 9:30am- 11:30am
K2, P2 (Knit 2, Pray 2) Knitters of all ages and skill levels gather in the Aloha Room to knit, crochet, talk and laugh. Over the course of the year the group makes hats and scarves for the Seamen's Church Institute Christmas at Sea program as well as blankets, lap robes, and walker totes. Patterns and yarn are available for every skill level. Knitting lessons are also offered, or you can just come to chat! Donations of yarn, needles, patterns, knitted items and cash contributions are welcomed. Contact: Nancy Rowe
Below is an article from The New York Times, highlighting some benefits of knitting!
Our projects include the following:
* Hats and scarves for the Seamen's Church Institute
* Lap robes for Leahi Hospital
* Chemo caps for the oncology dept at Kaiser, the Ovarian Cancer Support Group, and kids at Tripler
* Afghans for Warm Up America
* Caps and scarves for flood victims in Minot, ND
* Caps and scarves for kids on an Indian Reservation in South Dakota
* Birds nest for a bird rehabilitation facility in San Francisco
* Baby blankets, prayer shawls, afghans for members of the congregation