K2, P2 (Knitting Ministry)
How God is Knitting Us Together
When do we meet?
2nd & 4th Saturdays every month
Knitters of all ages and skill levels gather in the Son/Sun Room to knit, crochet, talk and laugh. Over the course of the year the group makes hats and scarves for the Seamen's Church Institute Christmas at Sea program as well as blankets, lap robes, and walker totes. Patterns and yarn are available for every skill level. Knitting lessons are also offered, or you can just come to chat! Donations of yarn, needles, patterns, knitted items and cash contributions are welcomed. Contact: Nancy Rowe
Many thanks to all of you who made hats and scarves for the mission trip to the Shrine at Lourdes. Beth and Myron received a large tub full of your love and aloha to take with them (more than 50 hats and 20 scarves). The hats and scarves were blessed on Sunday, June 16th at St. Peter's at the 7:30 service. Beth bought a suitcase just for them. I hope her packing skills are great because the suitcase does not look large enough.
If you are able and in the neighborhood on the second or fourth Saturday between 9:30 and 11:30, please knit and chat with K2P2.
Our projects include the following:
* Hats and scarves for the Seamen's Church Institute
* Lap robes for Leahi Hospital
* Chemo caps for the oncology dept at Kaiser, the Ovarian Cancer Support Group, and kids at Tripler
* Afghans for Warm Up America
* Caps and scarves for flood victims in Minot, ND
* Caps and scarves for kids on an Indian Reservation in South Dakota
* Birds nest for a bird rehabilitation facility in San Francisco
* Baby blankets, prayer shawls, afghans for members of the congregation
Below is an article from The New York Times, highlighting some benefits of knitting!